<VV> oil

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 09:42:50 EST 2008

Don and Frank,

I don't use Kendal GT after they sold the American Refinery Group (AmRG)
where the original Green oil was made (from PA crude oil). I had an
oil-related engine failure in road racing, using Kendal (made with off-shore
oils).  Bob Helt is right, SL oils, or better yet, Brad Penn
(AmRG)-distributors in every region in US-go to their web site. Prices are
competitive with on-the-shelf brands in your local FLAPS.  I would NOT rely
on STP or any other additive for long term use.
For break-in, liberal amounts of break-in lube on bearings, journals,
lifters, pushrods, valve stem tips, etc. and a heavy concentration of zinc
additive like the Brad Penn Break-In Oil.. The old GM additive was great for
flat tappet cam engines.
At the Performance Workshop we had a tech talk by a Brad Penn engineer. Very
informative. Call cam mfg and ask them what they recommend for flat tappet
cam engines; Brad Penn or Joe Gibbs oil. Buy Brad Penn if for no other
reason than they support our hobby and drove ten hours through snow and
freezing rain to give us our presentation in Dayton last week....

Chuck S
BBRT
(no stock in Brad Penn, no distributorship, no nothing from them other than
I buy their stuff)

From: "DONALD MEYER" <weldvair at embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> oil