<VV> Plastic thing

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 10:24:36 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/5/2008 7:09:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

The only  horrid thing about it is YOU. It's called "lack of owner
maintainance."  Plastic doesn't, after all, lasts forever, despite the hype
about it being  "forever." When it gets bad, replace it. Simple as that.  . .
. .  . . . . . .

So, stop blaming the item and start blaming the  REAL problem, YOU.
Sheeesh......

-Mark

Sorry folks, I think Mark forgot his medication this morning.  <grin> The
"Horrid plastic thing" is an icon from the early days of  VV, sort of like "Group
Ken". It does, indeed, refer to the 12 volt  red plastic terminal block
hidden on the outside of the driver's side frame  rail. Messing with it even a
little bit - especially when it is 40 years old -  can lead to "terminal" failure
- in both senses of the word. It is also an  unlikely part for you to have
sitting on your parts shelf, which leads  to ugly work-arounds, like small bolts
and electrical tape.  And, since it  is now functional after the "repair",
replacement usually gets ignored, so that  the next owner receives a special
"gift". I think of the term "Horrid Plastic  Thing" as one of endearment.
Everybody knows which part you are  referencing.  "Hot wire terminal block" just
doesn't have that ring to  it. - Seth