<VV> Re: HPT

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Mar 5 14:48:44 EST 2008

>> Everybody knows which part you are  referencing.  "Hot wire  terminal block"
just doesn't have that ring to  it. -  Seth

> How about calling it by its GM-given name.....JUNCTION BLOCK?
>
>Regards,
>Bob Helt

For sake of argument, I had a couple of junction blocks I picked up at a show for almost nuthin, stuck in a jar in the stash.   They were used...  but intact.

When I converted the '62 ragtop over to alternator (along with the engine bay wire hardness and regulator etc) I actually *Installed* one of those old junction blocks on the frame rail in the standard place and wired it up as per late model.

That was several years ago, still working just fine.    I have no problems with the horrid plastic thingy...  all the ones in cars here still work as intended.   Keep battery acid off them and they last forever.    Drip a little gear lube or motor oil on it now and again, just in case, easy to find some by yanking a dipstick.

tony..