<VV> Not expected to last

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 19:04:45 EST 2008

Funny, the last 911s had OBDII, and passed with flying colors! Fits? Nah. Remember, the forst EFI cars were air cooled, and I don't EVER remember Bosch having any problems specifically with VW or Porsche air cooled engines. The reason you stated is NOT why Porsche stopped with air cooled engines. The reason? Too hard to cool air cooled 4 valve heads, and with power levels ever rising, they kept running into cooling limitations. Also, the wet engines are quieter, get better fuel mileage, and are less expensive to build.

And the alloy can be found out, with some judicious research.