<VV> VINTAGE CORSA MEETING CHANGE MAKES HEADLINES!

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Fri Mar 7 20:35:28 EST 2008

At a time when we're seeing plenty of discussion about Corvair club
membership challenges, I thought I'd share some good news with you...

Long story short, after many years of stagnant/declining membership and
consistently low meeting attendance, last month Vintage Corsa finally
said goodbye to the after-hours bank and public library meeting rooms
and moved to our new location at a Dave & Busters restaurant located in
a popular outdoor shopping mall in the heart of Orange County.  Wow,
what a concept to move our car club meetings to a fun location where we
can actually show off our cars!

Centrally-located and freeway friendly, D&B enthusiastically welcomed
us, providing a reserved parking area (including a display parking spot
under the main entrance awning), a nicely-appointed meeting room w
personal food & beverage service, raffle prizes, video games, pool, etc,
and even marquee and in-restaurant TV recognition.  It's been great.
For comparison purposes, our final library meeting in January netted the
usual 4 Corvairs and maybe 20 members.  At our February kickoff meeting
at D&B we had 16 Corvairs and around 45 attendees.  Knowing that we had
pushed hard to invite members and surrounding clubs to attend this new
location launch, we were a little apprehensive about our next meeting,
which was held last night.  After all, maybe the big turnout was just a
result of the hype.  Well, last night the numbers increased another 50%
as we had 24 Corvairs and around 65 attendees, clearly a sign that the
word is getting out!  We had guests and Corvairs show up that I'd never
seen before, and we had 2 guests join the club on the spot specifically
citing the new location as the main reason.  Bottom line, this change of
venue has been tremendous so far, exceeding everyone's expectations.

At the same time, I also put together a local media email-list to try
and generate some PR for the club, asking for their support to include
us on their community calendars and inviting them to check out our club
and new meeting location.  Holy cow, a photographer actually showed up
at last night's meeting, snapping a bunch of pictures and talking with
several members.  The attached article was posted on their website today
and they're scheduled to run additional pieces in 2 local papers next
week.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/club-orange-month-1994410-thursday-corvai
rs .

Maybe our meetings follow the 1st rule of real estate...LOCATION
LOCATION LOCATION.

Vairy Best,

Rod Murray

PR & Web Rep

Vintage Corsa "Orange County's Official Corvair Club"

www.VintageCorsa.com <http://www.vintagecorsa.com/>

'66 Monza Convt, '64 Greenbrier