<VV> early vs late, AGAIN!, was: Defective Design (humor)

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 8 12:01:21 EST 2008

Bull, er, Bill;

Not so, as you really have to compare them on a yearly sales figures basis.
That's because it is Ralphy that caused the sales to fall after '65, and
not any defect or lack of perfection. So in comparing the EM to LM sales,
using '66 and up figures only distorts the real picture.

And since they sold more '65's than '64's, the EM's are obviously imperfect
and thus defective, particularly since '64's are considered the "perfected"
EM. Had Ralphy not ruined the market, no doubt the LM Corvair would have
just kept increasing in sales as the '66 improved on the '65's and the
'67's were even more perfect than the previous two years. Note that the
loss of the Corsa model and turbo option are but the first items lost
because of falling sales, and thus cannot be used for comparison. No doubt
had sales not fallen, they would have still been around, being more perfect
than ever.

At this point, I'll have to say that the '68-9's are also hampered by
effects of drastically falling sales, resulting in another forced
discontinuation; that of the most perfect Corvair body style ever, the 4
door hardtop. Also adversely affected by falling sales was the option list.
So despite some minor improvements in the last two years, I'd have to also
eliminate them from any comparison to earlier LM years.

Let's face it. Overall (Corsa model and turbo option excepted), the '67's
are about the most perfect Corvair ever built.

-Mark ;o)