<VV> Towing a 4-speed

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Mar 11 21:57:49 EDT 2008

    Back on 1992, I towed my 67 Cpe. (4 sp.), all wheels on ground (no dolly) with the 62 Rampy by 250 miles. No damage at all. The diff. gets its lubrication from the ring gear turning and part of this oil goes (upper common hole) into the gear box.
    See fig. 26, page 39 of the "Corvair SAE Papers".

    Daniel

<<Is this mechanically safe for the Corvair?  Any chance of damage to the
transmission or differential?  It would be nice for Car Shows.  Most of the
time we would be towing the Minivan which is front-wheel drive.>>