<VV> Radio riddle --Solved?

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Wed Mar 12 09:14:22 EDT 2008

Recently I posted a riddle about the radio in my 97 GMC truck (Corvair content+Used to tow trailer containing Corvair track car).  Static suddenly appeared on the radio with the engine running. When the engine was off the radio was fine.  Suggested answers included better grounding and antenna problems.
The riddle is now solved!?  The truck died on the road and had to be flat bedded to the repair shop.  The in-tank fuel pump was the problem.  A new one got the truck back on the road with no static!  Don't ask me to explain it.