<VV> Fw: Towing a 4 speed

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 14:28:29 EDT 2008

With all this talk of flat-towing Corvairs, may I make a suggestion? If you
are going to do much flat towing, it would be best to invest in building a
set of free-wheeling tow hubs, as pictured in the January '08 issue of the
CC. That is the best way of insuring that no damage can occur to the
driveline, or that a car that has a damaged driveline (like a broken spider
gearset) can be safely flat towed. The design as pictured is especially
handy, as it will allow the towing of ALL Corvair models and years in
complete safety.

It may also be possible to rent or buy a pair of hubs, though with no
guarantee of their working on any given Corvair.

-Mark

down to 55-60 mph for many trips.