<VV> Towing an Automatic

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Mar 12 16:37:54 EDT 2008

Smitty Says:  I guess I should get my experience on the table.  I have nearly cooked two PGs flat towing them.  Got them so hot it scorched the fluid.  One of them took two oil changes and a couple weeks of driving before it started acting right again.  Others I have towed mearly got hot.  I am talking 100 mile tows, or more.  I think that starting the car often and putting it in gear is good advice.  Also holding the speed down to 50 or so would be good.  Not denying the experience of others.