<VV> <CORSA Chapters> Membership, dues and such

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Mar 15 09:38:01 EDT 2008

Gary Swiatowy said [in part]

>You tell people they have to join or they can't belong.
>Well, most likely they will sell the vair and buy a Mustang..............

So how happy will they be there? ... Higher dues, less insurance
coverage, required national membership ... a nice but very ordinary very
expensive car ...

then Ned Madsen CORSA Treasurer said:

>In my opinion, CORSA doesn't have $0.02 to spend "willy nilly" or any other
>way. The dropping revenues through dues and merchandise sale are making it
>extremely tough to come up with a balanced budget.

I say:

EVERY OTHER club to which I belong is doing well financially and growing.
EVERY ONE of them requires national membership.  Like it or not it is thee
proven road to success.

It is way past time to face the truth ... CORSA is a real bargain but
if they don't require everyone to join sometime in the very near
future they won't survive ... then everyone looses.

Gary Swiatowy also said

>"have you ever ran into a member that you thought just maybe they
>didn't fit in?  Maybe they are not desirable as a member?  Our local chapter
>had one awhile back..........He left the Corvair hobby because he expected
>parts and labor for free. ...............and didn't get it."

Apparently there are a lot of local chapter members that want CORSA benefits for
free ... and are getting at least some of them.  I am sorry but if you think you are
above contributing to the survival of CORSA perhaps it is time for you to ask
yourself if you are a 'not desirable' member.  Go ahead and sell your Corvair to
someone that appreciates CORSA benefits.  Put the money in the bank because
you will not be happy with a different car club either.

Ken Pepke