<VV> exhaust fumes

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 20:32:45 EDT 2008

I drove the '67 Corvair coupe in a parade today.  It
was cold without heat so I mixed some in even though
it was not pure air!  It was mentioned about the
shroud covering the harmonic balancer.  Well, mine is
missing.  I bought the car that way and didn't have
heat until I just replaced my heater fan and hoses.
I'll need to find the piece of shrouding somewhere.
Also, I had to climb two hills on the way home and I
noticed the smell got much stronger when the engine
was under a load.  The engine is an 80 HP truck motor
with probably 110 HP carbs on it.  running somewhat
rich, I suppose.  I've never gotten more than 17 mpg
with it( a PG car).