<VV> SHINY BRAKE LINES AND CORVAIR SITEINGS,and other things.

BRUCE BLACKMON blackmon at llano.net
Sun Mar 16 01:35:15 EDT 2008

This is a very good example of why I do not mind off corvair topics. I drive a 96 Astro every day. It is also my tow car to go get corvairs. It is going in the shop next week or two to have the brake lines checked. That's scary! Now, Vince and I have still not been able to get together, but will soon. I was going home about a month ago down 82nd, a major road here, and as I passed a bank there I saw a very familier shape in the parking lot. A beautiful rampside in white with blue stripe. OF course I turned around and pulled in. Checked it out and took some pics and left a note. The fellow did call me and he is not a corvair freak, he is into a 61 vette, that is his baby, he just always thought the rampside was really neat and always wanted one. He found this one in KA and bought it and brought it home and spent 8 months restoring it, and did a beautiful job. Even added the spray on bed liner in the back and it looks great. He may get together with Vince and me some time, but we will have to see. I have seen several vairs on some old shows, but more on that later.  Time to hit the hay, more later/ BRUCE