<VV> Erratic gas gauge

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Mar 17 14:23:34 EDT 2008

I hope you didn't really mean to say the resistance was "constant" through the entire movement of the sender - the needle wouldn't move at all if that were true.

My gauge started working pretty well after I removed it from the dash and cleaned (wire brushed) the contacts on the coiled resistor on the back.  It was apparently not making good contact and was quite erratic.  Now it's pretty accurate and consistent.   No more guessing fuel level based on miles traveled!

mikeH