<VV> Erratic gas gauge/cleaning

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 12:06:56 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/17/2008 2:23:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

My gauge  started working pretty well after I removed it from the dash and
cleaned (wire  brushed) the contacts on the coiled resistor on the back.  It was
 apparently not making good contact and was quite erratic.  Now it's  pretty
accurate and consistent.   No more guessing fuel level based  on miles
traveled!

mikeH

I've also had good results with old fashioned tuner cleaner in a spray  can.
Radio Shack still had it last year.  Spray some on and let it  work.

Bob Hall