<VV> YH Carb Nut

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 10:54:48 EDT 2008

Smitty Says:  I cut off a 9/16 open end wrench about 2" long many years ago to get at that front nut.  It is of course too short to get proper leverage on to loosen or properly tighten the nut as it is.  So I slip the box end of another 9/16 over the handle for those occasions.  I also replaced the top stud with a bolt so that I can remove it, then simply loosen the lower nuts and slip the carb straight up without taking the nuts off.
  Clearance is much tighter on Earlies than Lates, so Late owners may not need the wrench to be cut off that short.