<VV> What if?, was: CORSA

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 11:17:48 EDT 2008

Ron,

I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about those who COULD/MAYBE be
persuaded, but rather those who are adamently against joining, period.
Those who's minds are not only closed, but slammed shut, deadbolted,
chained, and bricked over. They wouldn't join even if membership was free.
But they don't hesitate in taking adavantage of any and all benefits from
the club and its members that they can.

Once had a grarage man named Dick that was that way. He had a nice '63
Spyder, and would show it at car shows around the area, even rubbing elbows
with other members of my local club. But would he join, even the local?
Hell, no. He'd offer up all kinds of excuses, like "club members are
snobs", as to why not to join (though he didn't think those local members
he was rubbing elbows with were snobs). No matter what I said, it wasn't
enough. Even when I offered to pay his dues for him (and not like he
couldn't afford it himself). Go figure.

Such people, while they may be otherwise nice people, aren't worth having
around. As I said, everyone should just (nicely) cut them free to fend for
themselves. They are of no good to anyone but themselves, anyway.

No, if someone is willing to join the local, then they can be persuaded to
join the national. You just have to find a way to impress them with the
national membership's benefits. Done properly, there really IS no excuse
for NOT having all your local members national members as well.

-Mark

Lets