<VV> Turbo Carbonator (results, kudos, and humor)

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 12:26:45 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the suggestions, troops.  I was ready to cut off the end of
one of my 9/16" wrenches when Brian Blackwell suggested a crows-foot wrench.
Well what do you know!  The front bolt can be tightened with the crows-foot
on a sliding tee-handle while the rear bolt took the tee-handle plus a 10"
extension. Also, on the front bolt, I removed the chromed throttle
lever/clamp thingy (CTLCT) for access to the nut. (I temporarily placed the
CTLCT next to the HRPT on the frame rail for safe-keeping in acronymious
company)

I liked Smitty's plan to change out the top stud for a bolt - that seems to
be what was planned originally, since the lower carburetor ears are slotted
and with the bolt out, the carb would slip upwards after the lower nuts are
loosened.

Dennis Pleau wondered about the "Turbo Carbonator" name; No that's not a
misspelling.  I've been correctly calling them "Carbonators" ever since my
"Parts Mangler" taught me the correct term about 30 years ago.  The term
goes right along with "clankshaft", "Rottenchester", and "alterator".

Also, thanks to Shawn McGarvey for selling me the 180 carburetor - I cleaned
it, put in a kit, and adjusted it with my trusty "J" tool and for the first
time ever the car starts easily and runs great!

"Thanks Team" to everyone.
Craig (never afraid to make up a new word) Nicol
65 EO 180 'Vert et al

Checked by AVG.
9:54 AM