<VV> Server outage this weekend

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Fri Mar 21 23:19:27 EDT 2008

JR,

I remember when we were with that a hosting company in Chicago, I was the Chairman of the CORSA VV committee then.  They were so bad, I asked you and Harry to go over and break their knee caps.  They were monitoring what we were saying and were not amused to put it mildly.  When Bryan decided to put together a server and get a T1 or was it one of the first DSL lines and offered host the VVs for next to nothing, I was tickled s&^tless.  I don't know what the up time has been since Bryan started hosting us, but I'm guessing it is well over 99.99%.  This is awesome for a server a cabinet in his dining room.  While he has redundant drives, so nothing will ever gets lost, he doesn't have a lot of redundancy on the server, so it has to go down when it need upgrades.  We still don't pay Bryan anywhere what his service is worth.

dp