<VV> Wire Set for GM HEI Corvair Engine

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 12:58:09 EDT 2008

Ted asked:
<snip>I have a small cap GM HEI dis and wondering if anyone knows what wire
set is compatible. (ie: 87 Chev Corsica V6 as example)  This is the HEI with
the Stubs on the top of the cap and coil externally located.
Thanks, Ted <unsnip>

Craig replies:
I have a small-cap HEI in my '66 EFI car.  I used a NAPA 700527 universal
8-cyl 8mm Silicone wire set and trimmed each wire to fit.  As I recall, the
kit also came with stiff, washer-type boots that have worked out just fine.
(unlike the 80s floppy ones).  While this set works well, it'll take some
time to trim and crimp each wire.

Seth Emerson (Silicone Wire Systems) a Corvair vendor, told me he could make
up one of his custom-fit sets with the HEI style boots.
There you go - choices too!
Craig Nicol

Checked by AVG.
5:52 PM