<VV> Poor Hot Starting

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 18:57:31 EDT 2008

Right carb is flooding....check the needle / seat / float

Matt Nall

In a message dated 3/22/2008 3:21:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com writes:

So,  after a winter of tinkering and repairing various things on my 65,
including  installation of a donor motor, I have a situation where the car does not
like  to start when hot. Starts like a champ every time when cold and runs
good  otherwise. Have to crank a while with my foot to the floor to get it to
start  once its hot. This morning, I started it cold and disconnected the
throttle  linkage so I could see how each carb responded to throttle increase. The
left  carb responded fine, but the right carb loafed and a little black smoke
came  out of the exhaust until everything evened out. I have adjusted chokes
per  manual specs and both choke coils on the heads are new and work fine. So, I
 don't think I have a choke problem. Could this be that the gas is
evaporating  out of the bowls after driving and need to be refilled so that the car will
 start hot (thus, the foot to the floor during cranking)? Or, could this be
related to float level in the right crab (or both)? I'm sure this qu
estion  has been asked before, but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and  Happy Easter!

Dave

Home.