<VV> Catalytic Converter for Corvair

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 13:25:14 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/25/2008 9:21:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jekepler at amplex.net writes:

Not really.   H2S, particularly when there is an iron ion available (like in
your exhaust),  is a powerful reductant, and forms both H2SO4 and FeS.  The
redox reaction is more involved, but if  you insist, I can send you the entire
reaction tree.  It’s basic  geochemistry, and every volcano does it by the
megaton.

I don't insist, but I would like to see the reaction tree; my information
came from school chemistry courses, including the manufacture of sulfuric acid--
 but that was over 50 years ago and things may have changed that I was
unaware  of.

Scotty from Hollyweird

Home.