<VV> Corsa tach for V8

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:57:38 EDT 2008

This question comes up once in a while when someone wants to use the Corsa tach on a V8.
To make the tach work on a V8 you have to change C1 from .068 uf to .047 uf.
Tweaking the adjustment pot is done to make the tach more accurate for the 6 cyl.
Adjusting when hooked to a V8 will only result with the tach being correct for the RPM the V8 engine was running
at when the adjustment was made.

According to other notes I have the tach needs an extra circuit added to make it work with an HEI.
I have not tried my Corsa tach with my HEI yet. Perhaps someone who has converted a Corvair distributor
to HEI can chime in with their results.
Ed