<VV> wacked out engine tempertures and running weird

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 16:44:03 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/4/2009 12:09:57 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net writes:

Hi,
Please see below for comments. PS what is your name?
Regards,
Bob Helt

Hey  guys,
real quick, if I tighten the carb needles in all the  ways, doesn't that mean
there's no fuel allowed in?

Well yes and no. It does mean that fuel from the idle circuit  is cut-off,
but fuel can possibly enter via the low-sped circuit, and even  from the high
speed circuit.

here's the deal, I can't get my  engine to run smoothly and run reasonably
well on gas economy. when the  engines turned over;  one side of the engine will
heat up and the  other side will stay really cool. I have good compressions,
good spark, no  fuel impedence in the lines or carb stone, my timing is
correct and my  points are good and set. even when I sync the carbs up with the
vacuum  gauge, one side will run hotter than the other and when you put your hand
over  the cool side carb restricting the air flow, the hot side will carry it,
but  the cool side won't carry the hot, you can look down the carb stack and
see  the hot side drawing in tons of fuel, but the cool side drawing in next
to  nothing as it idle.

You seem to have two bad carbs. The hot side should NOT be  supplying fuel
that you can see when at an idle. And the cold side apparently  isn't supplying
any idle fuel. The hot side probably has the float level set too  high. the
cold side probably has a plugged up idle circuit.

and when  you put it in gear, it threaten to cut off and runs look someone's
slinging a ston around in the back. (the transmission is good) I've been on
this for hours playing with the fueld needles and idle screws, please help  me?

also, does anyone know where I could get some velocity stack  that would fit
the single carbs?

Why not use the stock air cleaners to ensure long engine  life?