<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 51, Issue 12

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Sun Apr 5 11:18:58 EDT 2009

A non-1960 starter solenoid will hit the "roof" - sheet metal package area.
The 60 starter is reliable in my experience - as much as any Corvair
starter - and inexpensive to rebuild at the local rebuilder - $75?  Many
things in the 60s are different because of the starter; the throttle arm to
the carb linkage and the wiring harness and battery cable length for
example.

Crawford Rose