<VV> those pesky fuel pumps!!

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 21:07:04 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/5/2009 5:59:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Markpowhatan at aol.com writes:

I have a early 63 Turbo that  eats a fuel pump about every  200  miles.  The
current eighth one is squirting gas out the  side of the pump as  2 others
finally did too.(some just quit..one  put gas in the oil)  It  hasn't
mattered where
I buy them.   I am going to install an electric pump,  and was wondering if
it
will  work OK as I don't have a fuel return line.   Would a return line be
needed for an electric pump?

 That's got to be some kind of record!!  gg  Did you  ever try adding longer
machine screws and nyloc  nuts to keep it clamped  together?

Many people report having to tighten the screws regularly!    I'm
lucky..bought ONE  from Corvair UnderGround  in 1999  and  it's still pumping  with no
leaky!

At least 18,000 miles so far..

If you live in a HOT  area.. then a return line would be good on  the
mechanical too! [ factory did it  later on ]

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572833x1201387477/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)