<VV> 65 monza newbie

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sun Apr 5 23:43:26 EDT 2009

I own your car's twin!

dp Woodland, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Scott Howey
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:31 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 65 monza newbie

Wow, what a warm welcome. I think I have either just joined the
friendliest auto enthusiast group ever, or I joined a cult... Maybe it's
both?..haha. Thanks for the welcome. To answer a few of the questions ...
I live in Hesperia, Ca. Its just south of Victorville and northwest of
San Bernardino but I frequently travel "down the hill" to the inland
empire.  I am a decent mechanic and have had a few old cars (72 Datsun
510, 66 VW bug, 64 Chevelle, 72 Nova). I have done head gaskets, timing
chains, brakes, clutches, valve adjustments, carb syncing, and such.
This is my first Corvair though. I am pretty confident I can do most of
the work on the Corvair myself. However, I am smart enough to know I
don't know much...lol, so I will be picking your brains. I do have at
the top of my list to buy a good repair manual and order a few catalogs.
I took some more pictures of the car to show you guys. Heres a link. Let
me know what you think.
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/jigracing/1965%20Corvair%20Monza/?act
ion=view&current=100_5425.jpg