<VV> degrading terminology,

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 6 15:29:00 EDT 2009

Smitty,

Who cares what Webster says? They're for the pedestrian public. Or for that
matter, who used what before the auto industry began? Someone else's
"first" usage is irrelavant. What's relevant is the use of the term "sedan"
as it applies to the automotive industry's usage, which is as old as the
industry itself. Anyone who has worked in the industry knows the
terminology, and I worked in the industry for 30 years. My family was in it
since the first world war. It's a term that is ALWAYS used in any in-house
documents, and always as I have stated. So just how many witnesses and
documents do you want? Bus and semi-truck trailers full? No problem. So
don't go arguing with me, because you lose.

-Mark

the final word, because Webster was writing definitions when the AIST was
still in diapers.  They can revert, invert, pervert and terminology till
hell freezes over but they are still latecomers.  First is right and best.
(As in Late 4 doors suck).