<VV> Tiny Vairs (was 4-Door Late Wagon I think!)

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 15:15:22 EDT 2009

I just accidentally deleted the email about Vairs being tiny and hard to
find beside SUVs, but funnily enough I was thinking exactly the same thing
when I was at Hershey last year (actually I think it was 2007), and I was so
struck by it that I took a photo of Matt White in the lineup (actually most
of the vehicles are MPVs rather than SUVs, but they are still HUGE!).

This is outside Hershey Chocolate Avenue Day's Inn in the morning, and as
you can see it is the smallest thing in the lot:

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg105/sidevalve1/?action=view&current=Corvair2.jpg

And yet, if I drive a Vair in Britain, I am constantly accosted by
environmentalists who want to give me a hard time for driving a 'huge,
ostentatious, gas-guzzling American car'.

Cheers

Alan