<VV> High Idle - 1966 Corsa 140

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 10 13:10:59 EDT 2009

Disconnect ALL the throttle linkages. The main one at the crosshaft, and the
ones that drop down from the crossshaft to the carb belcranks. This will
isolate any linkage 'issues'.
Make SURE the idle speed (not mixture) screws are off the fast idle cams.
If it still runs fast, you probably have a vacuum leak. Also check to see if
the harmonic balancer hasn't slipped, giving you false ignition advance
numbers.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD