<VV> Spyder Throttle Shaft Problem

Jim dcvjrv at att.net
Sat Apr 11 20:51:09 EDT 2009

I have a '64 Spyder and while driving it the other day, the arm on the throttle cross shaft broke loose from the shaft.
This is the cross shaft that goes on the intake pipe.  The left (driver's) side has an arm that is bolted to the shaft
and the shaft has a flat on it to properly position the arm.  The other end of the shaft (passenger side) has an arm
that is brazed/welded to the shaft.  This is the part that failed.  I need to know the angle of this arm as it relates to
the flat on the driver's side so that I can braze it back at the correct angle.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim V.
1964 Corvair Spyder Convertible
dcvjrv at att.net