<VV> Buyers beware - But read anyway - Non-Corvair, but car oriented.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 02:21:01 EDT 2009

I hardly ever sell cars - I have transferred my ownership to others, but
usually because I am pestered into selling a car to someone who really wants
it.  I have no problem selling some things - usually items which I have
designed,  built or had built. That is because I can really believe in the
product. I  can convince myself that the customer really needs it. I would have a
 problem selling cars for a living because I would have a hard time
believing that the random buyers that I would meet "really need" that  car - that
day! There is no shortage of folks who do sell cars, of  course. I ran
across this article in Edmunds.com a few years ago. It is the  story of a writer
who trys selling cars at a couple of dealerships, with the  intent of
writing a story about how the process really works at the dealerships.  I am
pretty sure I posted it a few years ago, but many folks have joined Virtual
Vairs since then. Of course, since you own a Corvair, you probably aren't often
shopping for new cars, but it is likely that someday you might. I guarantee
that  you will find out something new about the car business if you read
the series.  It is an easy read, with some eye-opening revelations. If you
have sold cars for  the last 10 years at a dealership, you probably already
know much of it.

 - But for the rest of us. . . .

_http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html_
(http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html)

Note to any car salesmen. Yes I know that it isn't all like that. Feel free
 to comment or send me a note.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)