<VV> Sound Of Marbles... Response Results

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 09:27:59 EDT 2009

So far, my suspicion of the tarry substance in area of head/cylinder
intersection has been correlated by comments by others (specifically Smitty
having provided an exact description of other surrounding symptoms...  thanks
Smitty). While the marbles sound, as an outside chance, may be related to  the
small head gasket seepage, the errant sound is more likely the result  of
piston slap. O. B. Stewart provided excellent information supporting the
"slap" hypothesis; hence, I will be pulling the head to correct the head gasket
 leak, and also pursuing the "slap" issue. Thanks to all who responded; I
will  relay full results as solid results become available.
Mike  Mauro

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)