<VV> Searching for a Refurbished 140 & Powerglide...part II

Daniel & Francine les.vallee at rocler.com
Tue Apr 14 20:47:46 EDT 2009

Hi Bob !

All Corvairs here have been eaten by the winter salt spreader
long time ago.

I forgot to mention that I live in Valleyfield, Quebec
 close to Montreal
Area

So the closest Corvair club is probably 5 or 6 hundred miles away
!!!

I don’t think I can depend on the car to rundown on it’s own power.

It seems that the motor has overheated more than once
.and the internal
parts have suffered a lot.

I even saw teflon tape on the threads of the gas line getting into the
carburator

My feeling is the former owner hire a plumber to fix the leaks !

Getting a new engine will allow me to use the car for the summer ahead.

I will start looking for the closest Corvair Club around.

Thanks for your reply !

Daniel Vallee

Valleyfield, Quebec

1965 Monza Convertible 140 PG