<VV> FYI: FS: 1962 Phone Company Greenbrier

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Apr 14 22:43:45 EDT 2009

At 04:42 PM 4/14/2009, Henri van Wandelen wrote:

>Ebay Item #130299601894

Actually, it is not a Greenbrier.  It is a Corvan.  A Corvan with the
Greenbrier windows, except that none of the windows aft of the front
seat roll down.  Take a look at the photo of the interior, you can
see the blank panels where the window regulators would otherwise be
in a Greenbrier.

I have seen one of these vans before -- once.  I had an opportunity
to examine it closely.   The windows are regular Greenbrier roll-down
windows except that they are bolted in place, with no window regulators.

I had a set of the side cargo doors off one of these vans for
years.  I sold them to Alan Wesson at Hershey a few years back, and
he installed them on the left side of his 8-door Corvan.  He then
shipped the Corvan to England and then grew tired of it and sold
it.  It now languishes in the dry, warm English countryside <grin!>

Many if not most of the phone company van were ordered with the
Greenbrier-like windows on the passenger side and the solid panel on
the driver's side.  But this one is, as I noted, only the second
fully-windowed Corvan I have seen.

Note that the emblems read Corvair 95, not Greenbrier.

It is definitely a rare one, but I don't think that its scarcity
warrants a value any higher than that for any "normal" Corvair truck
in this condition.

--Bob