<VV> O2 sensors

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 17:47:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/15/2009 2:41:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dmonasterio at hotmail.com writes:

I am almost ready to reinstall my 64 GB powertrain  but, plan to instal O2
sensors on the dual (w/crossover) exhausts previously  and,...  have some
concerns about:

1.- How close to the  exhaust manifolds they should be placed ?

2.- How much deep they will  go into the pipe ?

3.- A recomended brand and model  ?

Thanks a lot

Daniel  Monasterio

If you are buying a wide-band kit, they will usually come with the  sensor.
If you want two sensors, just buy another one at that time. Most screw
into the factory-sized weld-in Bung. (Available from Summit Racing and
others.) Just install the bungs and a plug for each until you are ready. to  go.
The closer to the manifold the better,  but don't let the sensor  intrude too
much into the air stream coming out of the manifold.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************Great deals on Dell’s most popular laptops – Starting at
$479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631252x1201390195/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213968550%3B35701427%3Bh)