<VV> am range extender minimal corvair

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:04:58 EDT 2009

Chris, about all I know of is to use a longer AM antenna. AM station are low
frequency and require a longer antenna than the FM stations which are VHF
frequencies.  If his radio is at home, hook up a long wire to an antenna
screw (if it has one) and just run it out the window and up a 20 foot piece
of schedule 40 PVC pipe (1/2 inch is OK).
If in a car, try to buy a longer telescoping antenna at your FLAPS and
replace his old one.  I have seen "antenna Boosters" for car antennas, and
all they are is a coil of wire that clips onto the existing antenna. I don't
know if they are  a scam or not. I never tried one.

Jay Ciampi
64 Monza Coupe