<VV> O2 sensors

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 20:16:08 EDT 2009

"...Doing a quick Google search shows that the Bosch 15729 is a
"universal" type sensor which is listed as fitting hundreds of Ford, Chrysler,  even
Hyundai (and other) model cars all the way back to the early 1990s.   Even my
girlfriend's 1992 Ford Taurus wagon uses this sensor.  So it is NOT  a
"wide band" type.  Most, if not all, of the 4 wire sensors are NARROW  band as
used in most of the modern cars.  The widebands I have seen are 5  wire
types..."

Narrow band sensors are what is typically used to "feed" into modern day
fuel management systems. More recently, some systems are using O2 sensors
approaching broadband, but if you want to use an O2 senser for AF ratio
tuning,  you'll need a true broadband O2 sensor, with an instrument tuned to said
sensor  (I believe others have, also, expressed the same).  I've had
excellent  results with Innovate products:
_http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php_ (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php)    And,
if you want broad band readout, in the cabin, use their Permanent  Install
stuff. Narrow band sensors send a signal as if on  the edge of a razor
blade: OK for a computer, but no good for an instrument read  by the human eye.

Mike Mauro
**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221246370x1201421635/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html?cat=adbuy&src=pl
atforma&adid=aolfooter&newurl=reg_path.html)