<VV> Curing my off idle "stumble"

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 14:13:01 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/20/2009 8:53:45 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca writes:

The car  is a 66 180 , engine rebuilt, runs fine otherwise. I have the
correct turbo  distributor and a Dale advance/retard unit and I'm running
the
Clarks knock  eliminator with dual sensors

When I set the timing to 22-24  BTDC at idle,

The stock timing setting of 24 deg, includes the amount of advance normally
 developed by the vac adv in other distributors. So when using the Dale
adv/retard unit that will provide some advance, you want to set the static
timing to around 12 deg instead of 24.
Regards,
Bob Helt
steps!