<VV> Alt Fuels (NO HYDROGEN), slight Corvair content....

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Wed Apr 22 18:57:45 EDT 2009

Okay all, just in time for Earth day!
I know I've seen at least one photo (on Corsa's webpages perhaps?) of
a late model Vair set up to run on 'natural gas' of some sort (this was done
back in the 70's or 80's I think).

Things I have sometimes wondered about but don't quite understand:
what is the difference between CNG (compressed natural gas) and LPG
(liquified petroleum gas) and 'Propane'?

I'd assume that CNG requires heavy storage tanks, but I believe it HAS been
tried as a motor fuel. Is LPG safe/ useful as fuel? I'm guessing that 'propane'
is prohibitively expensive....

Any of you guys have knowledge/ experience in these types of things?

CJ Wilson
65 '500' series.