<VV> Generator/electrical/Corvair

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 17:57:05 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 2:30:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
N6nev at aol.com writes:

A generator is still a generator!  I have had  cars drive  into  the shop
with the complaint that the amp meter charges "  backwards" and when I
turn
off the engine and turn on the head lites  the amp meter shows a charge.
The
customer stated he had the battery  out for charging, and that was my clue.
turned the battery around  and all was well.....and going from A to B
momentarily  for  polarizing requires no talent....I am also ASE and taught
auto
shop for  4  years and hold also a teaching credential.... Larry

You must service some real winners!

1  Battery Terminals are different sizes!  I only started  seeing reversed
batteries when GM  started using side posts!

2   The reversed  Battery   situation will  not charge unless it's
Polarized!!

3  It's  BAT  to F,  to polarize!!

4   Yea!@ I had an autoshop teacher like you!!    GGG    LOL!
======================================

 My fav was a killer 32 Deuce coupe / $150...    just  killed batteries,
and they guy gave up!  Did I say this car was ALL  CHROMED?  every piece
possible!

So I removed the Delco   [ internal ground ]  Chrome  regulator....
installed the Ford [ external ground] Regulator....not  chromed though!  :(
Polarized and  whoalah!  It charged...  sold that evening for 10 times that!

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!