<VV> Generator/electrical/Corvair

Rodney Spooner corvairenterprises at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 18:04:14 EDT 2009

Anytime you disconnect the battery or the generator, the generator will become "unpolarized" (not to be confused with global warming) and require you to polarize (if you can bear it) it again before putting it back in service.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Doug Mackintosh wrote:

So what UNPOLARIZES the generator? I generally polarize if I install or reinstall a generator, but when do you HAVE to do it? Every time you disconnect the cables (I would think not)?

Bob Gilbert wrote:

> The generator needs to be polarized to magnetize the iron cores inside
> the field coils.

Vairy truly yours,
Rodney "Very Punny" Spooner