<VV> [FC] Help with replacing the temp ...

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 24 13:02:28 EDT 2009

Assuming you actually have a temp sender -- there are few original
engines left out there in our Corvairs.  Nearly all have been modified,
rebuilt, overhauled, repaired, or something.  Maybe the last guy in
there didn't put one back in (God would know why), so possibly you are
looking for the place where it "should" be.

Since you say you have a car engine (which is not uncommon), the
earliest cars, i.e., mostly some 1960's, used an oil temp sender down on
the side of the block, near the car's dipstick boss.  The brass 'snap
switch' in the head is easily the most common -- inspect for good
threads in the hole if you find the hole to be empty.  And, I suppose
you "could" have an undrilled left hand head on the right hand side ...

Bill Strickland