<VV> Plastic Models question

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Apr 26 11:23:36 EDT 2009

At 05:13 AM 4/26/2009, Alan Wesson wrote:

>Wow! I have obviously not been paying attention! Never seen one of these at
>Hershey:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/AMT-Craftsman-1963-Corvair-Conv-Kit-with-Original-Box_W0QQitemZ350193390559

Alan, one of those was literally my first Corvair!  When that model
was new, and I was new too, I bought one of those models at the
neighborhood variety store and built it.  It vanished, like all
baseball card collections and other accumulations of childhood, when
I went off to college (driving an actual Corvair).  Some years back I
bought another one, to re-live my youth.

To this day I cannot see one of those models without immediately
seeing in my mind the dining room table in the tiny seaside cottage
my family rented in the summer of 1963, where I assembled that model.

--Bob

"Nostalgia is a disease" -- Jean Shepherd

Robert W Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net