<VV> How many miles do you drive?

Jim Briggs jim_a_b3 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 26 12:37:41 EDT 2009

I got a comment last week at a local car show (where I had driven my 66 Corsa V8) that really irked me!

I'm sure most of you have heard similar.  It was something to the effect that, "but I like to drive my cars".

What a butt. Just because it looks better than anything he owns he's got to come up with a derisive remark

just to make himself feel less inadequate.  I let the ignoramus simmer in his own ignorance but I felt like

telling him that Corvair are my only personal transportation. (though my wife has an Odyssey). I currently

drive 80 miles a day round trip to work in my 65 Monza, 10 days a month (I carpool the other 10).

I have personally put over 66,000 miles on that Corvair since I put it into service. That's not counting the

broken speedo miles I have put on my 65 4dr 500.  No "queens" in this stable!!!

Jim Briggs

65 Monza Cpe

65 500 4dr

66 Corsa rear engine V8