<VV> Make-your-engine-fall-out bolt?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 15:11:24 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/27/2009 3:05:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jwilson at unctv.org writes:

CJ  Wilson

65 '500' series 110

PS: can anyone recommend a  good synthetic oil. I've got ZDDP to add- so
zinc content is

a moot  point....

CJ,  Even if the rear mount has failed the oil filter location in  relation
to the rear mounting bracket won't change.  It all moves  together.  You
should be able to clear the bottom of the filter with any  belt though some
"heavy duty" belts I have had took a little pulling to get out  and a little
pushing with the blunt tip of a prybar or a big flat tip  screwdriver to get
past the tight spot.  So no, you shouldn't have to  remove the filter to
change the belt.

For what it is worth I use Mobil I extended service oil as well as
non-synthetic straight 30 and 40 weight HD oils rated SL--no SM oils.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!