<VV> Generator/electrical/Corvair (humor)

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Apr 29 22:00:31 EDT 2009

But if I ran an alternator, how would I be able to shed the belt quickly
just before I needed all the power to the wheels? ggg

To new people, there was a method to flip the belt off on purpose back
in the generator days to get the maximum power to the wheels instead of
using horsepower to run the fan and generator. The weight of the rotor
in the alternator is much less, so the belt flip method is much more
difficult.

But, I ran a generator on my FC and 64 pg 4 dr sedan for years, never
changed to an alternator. They worked and the battery stayed charged.
Why fix what ain't broke? Now, the Spyder did get an alternator because
of high rpm generator failures. I'm currently running a 64 Spyder rust
bucket with 110 hp and a generator. The battery stays charged, so why
find the parts and rewire? The generator will out live the body.

Frank DuVal