<VV> (no subject)

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 16:42:16 EDT 2009

 Agreed, the Caddy and the Corvette are very good cars, and the marketplace seems to agree. But these aren't the bread and butter that keeps GM going. When the marketplace accepts their high volume cars the same way, I think GM will do very well.

I agree, the Corvair was basically a very good car. Alas, it was built during a time when even a fraction of a penny mattered, and it was NOT a cheap car to make. Too much aluminum, independent suspension, and hardly anything shared with other GM cars. Alas... the very thing that made the Corvair so appealing to us was its undoing.