<VV> Brakes pulling right and no light

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Sun Aug 2 18:15:34 EDT 2009

-----
From: "Michael Kovacs" <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Stephen Upham" <contactsmu at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Brakes pulling right and no light

Is the steering wheel also turning to the right? If so, the problem may be
in the right front. If the steering wheel does not turn to the right it may
be the back brakes that grab giving a swerving effect. My system is to take
the car on some back street with NO TRAFFIC and try a panic stop at about 15
miles an hour. The rubber marks will usually tell which brake is grabbing.

Check the brake light switch, That is the easiest.
MIKE KOVACS

*********
Something you might try ... I set my electric trailer brakes this way ... is
to get on a crushed rock road, then you can hear ( or have a spec- tater
buddy watch ) at 5 mph or so ...  which is the naughty brake assembly ( or
leaky brake line... is your brake fluid going low in the MC?   ) ....

*******
On your brake lights, been a long time since mine went out, but maybe they
were wired in series .. one went out, and neither worked.  I bot new sockets
from a corvair vendor and ran a local ground .... still working.  If you buy
at local source make sure the sockets fit your lamps ... the little locking
pins are what to match ... do you have enough filaments in the bulbs ??  heh
heh, Murphy is always in the area ...

*********
Sounds like maybe you have finally got your engine bearings about right ...
my local Saturday Night Racer buddies tell me to start with 0.002 something
rather than tighter, but then they probably never reach 100,000 miles on an
engine ... they need them to scream right away ...

Best of luck on the brakes ... and let us know what you find.... I am in the
habit of tapping the brakes once about a hunnert yards before a stop sign,
just to see if they are still working, and in a straight line, and to warm
up my classic sintered iron shoes .... drives my dishwasher buddy nuts,
especially when I murmur " so far so good " ...

reargards, ken campbell, coming to a full stop in Idaway