<VV> CHT gauges Re: Overtemp buzzer

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 14:15:07 EDT 2009

JB,
     Right !!  I should have said "ALL turbo and 4 carb CORSA Corvairs" have stock CHT gauges.  Still IM not so HO, ALL Corvairs should have had stock CHT gauges, most especially those with 140 engines.  Many years ago I added a Stewart Warner CHT gauge made specifically for Corvairs to the Monzas that I had over the years.  Having that enabled us to drive home one time on only ONE carb, and another time with an INactive fanbelt (separated harmonic balancer).  Drove with the heater on until the CHT temp went up from the normal 350 deg.F to 450 then pull over and let the engine cool down for the next segment.  It helps to have a BIG battery for this latter case.  And the engine was never the worse for it since the Viton O rings (and other parts) didn't get overcooked.
     Big batteries, like charity, cover a multitude of sins.
     Frank "ALL Corvairs need CHT gauges" Burkhard